Perhaps you’ve seen this thing floating around the internet called ‘five things’ – you share five things most people don’t know about you and since Grace tagged me and because I love her so much I figured what the heck?
1. // Sometimes I seriously consider moving to Paris. I studied abroad in this beautiful city and in doing so learned so much about myself and attribute that time in my life to such an important chapter in everything I’ve experienced that I think daily what it would be like to be back there. With a minor in French in my back pocket and a love for everything Parisian, I often think…how could I be a professional over there? Would I love it as much as I think I would? Would I get too lonely? What would my life be like if I actually made it happen!? And so my mind wanders…
2. // I regularly consider how my life would be different if I didn’t blog and consider “quitting” here and there. After being diagnosed with Graves’ disease blogging became near impossible. I was feeling utterly mortified at the weight I had gained, my appearance because I was always hot and sweating (it still happens) and couldn’t bear to make it to events, etc. Dealing with this disease has made it hard to post personal style posts on an ongoing basis because most mornings I awake and think “I just can’t.” but then I remember all the amazing friends I have made through this community and remind myself to be grateful for the opportunities I’ve gotten as a result and keep on trucking. If you blog, do you ever feel this way about wanting to throw your hands up and just saw “bye” to blogging?
3. // I am a creature of habit. I love finding routines and settling into traditions. When I find something I like to eat, I eat it over and over again until I am sick of it. When I find things like Flybarre, I get completely obsessed until I need to mix it up. All that being said, I am getting more adventurous in the kitchen and each week am challenging myself to find new recipes via Pinterest.
4. // I’m attempting to be a runner. As mentioned here, I’m trying to get more into this pastime. When I have the time to run I mentally prepare myself to get out there and it’s been so great to challenge myself in pushing myself to go longer, be faster, stay committed. I’m on the quest to lose some weight so with watching what I eat and looking to work running into my weekly routines, here’s hoping it’s a worthwhile endeavor.
5. // I secretly want to go on The Amazing Race! My best friend Andrea and I have long talked about it and even looked up the application – ha. But what an incredible adventure it would be, right? We’ve determined that we’d have to learn to drive stick, I’d be in charge of eating the awful things and she’d be in charge of all things related to heights or small spaces. Can you imagine?