This was not a great week for me. I didn’t sleep well multiple nights in a row which had me feeling super sluggish during the day. My skin started acting up, I felt dehydrated and by Thursday I was willing the week to be done. I also finalized my taxes which left me wanting to have a small panic attack in the corner of my apartment (accompanied by a bottle of wine.) SO THERE’S THAT.
Overall, I was just feeling very stressed and very anxious and I really hate feeling that way so this weekend I am going to put into practice some of my tried and true stress relief tactics, remember to take deep breaths and start next week out on a more positive and hopefully calm note! I’m grateful that my weekend plans involve a lot of friend time which will no doubt pick up my mood.
I hope you guys have a great one!
WHAT I DID THIS WEEK:
- I got maybe the best facial of my life with Biologique Recherche. I’ll be sharing more on it soon but let’s just say I’m ready to put my face out there this week – ha!
- Finished reading The Perfume Collector and loved it. What a moving story and I of course appreciated that most of it takes place in Paris 🙂
- Had breakfast with my friends from Jonathan Adler and also caught up with Carly over avocado toast and giant iced coffees.
READ + LOOK + LOVE:
- The other week I shared my favorite natural beauty products and so thought I’d share The Cut’s guide to what “natural” means when it comes to beauty. It’s such a handy article if you’re curious to know more about this topic!
- How to have a better morning.
- Speaking of mornings, sleep is now the new status symbol and I can so relate! Maybe it’s because I’m in my 30s now but I’ve definitely had conversations with friends about this exact topic. (See also: beauty sleep.)
- Anyone else super intrigued by wellness professionals? I’m not a super healthy person so people like this are so impressive to me!
- Grace always has the best beauty recommendations (she and I bonded early on over our obsession with all things beauty related!) and I can’t wait to try some of the ones she recommended in this post.
- Adding this Parisian boutique to my to do list for my trip later this month!
- This article about habits of healthy people really resonated with me. #3 and #7 are so important and things I try to remind myself of each and every day!
- Ok based on this week’s state of affairs I am super intrigued by this app. Has anyone tried it!?
SHOP AND LOOK LONGINGLY:
- It’s the home stretch of the Shopbop sale. I shared all my picks HERE. Did you guys buy anything?!
- This dress is so perfect for summer & now is 30% off!
- Ok this little 2 piece set is so my style! The white is particularly so pretty for summer and I feel like this would actually manage to make you look put together out even when it starts to get h-o-t.
- This dress is on the more expensive side but I just really love how classic it is while having a super flattering fit.
- Ann Taylor is offering 50% off everything this weekend! Favorite picks include this little white dress, this dress, this gingham top & this chambray top!
- Reformation launched swimwear & it is so good! This top is my favorite.
- I’m not usually a wear-yellow kinda gal but this dress is so pretty.
- I love this ruffled top. I’d probably styled it tucked into jeans with a topknot.
- This is a great easy, breezy maxi dress at an equally great price.
- I wouldn’t be able to pull off this dress off with my body type but gosh do I love it!!
- Can never have enough striped tees in my opinion.
- Ahhh Cuyana launched a bomber jacket! File under: things I need immediately. The inside monogram idea is just the cutest.
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT:
- Wearing a lot of pretty spring things.
- My favorite places to shop online (+ why!)
- Thoughts on being self conscious.
- Where to drink coffee in NYC.
- Little white dresses under $150.